Do you like teaching writing? Most of my homeschool friends do not. I actually like it until it starts getting hard around jr. high. Before that, it's all good.
This is a book I've enjoyed using with my elementary writers. It's more like a resource and less like a curriculum. There aren't lessons to follow, but methods to incorporate into whatever writing program you are already using. I do not use a packaged writing program but just have my kiddos write from whatever is going on in life. It's sweet to read what they're thinking.
My 1st grader is writing a paragraph about Storytime at the library. This is his clustering exercise we did together. (You can click on my pix to enlarge them.) I did the actual writing while he dictated and showed me where to put everything.
He's a good reader and so does most of his schoolwork on his own. His handwriting is ok, but since I have him doing some other copy work, I do the writing for this part.
From here, we move on to an outline.
Then writing and revising.
Finally the perfect copy.
I'll let ya know how it turns out....


Another Great book is called Story Starters by Karen Andreola. the kids love it. it is so much fun and encourages imagination.
ReplyDelete