Friday, September 17, 2010

God To The Rescue!

This week I found myself overwhelmed with the changes of life.  Ever been there?   It seems like just when I settle in and get comfy then things change all over the place and I have to start figuring it out all over again! 
The work, the busyness, the changing dynamics of our family...it all has my head spinning. 

This morning in my quiet time I was reading some Oswald Chambers.  He says, "Whatever is perplexing heart or mind is a call to the will..."Come unto Me."  It is a voluntary coming." 

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."  Matthew 11:28

A voluntary coming.  He never makes us come.  But He asks us to come and to take His yoke upon us and learn from Him.  And then what?  Rest. 

The work is still going to be there.  But there is rest for our souls at the feet of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment